If you are continuing your studies into the next academic year or returning from an interruption of study, you will need to re-enrol in order to become fully enrolled onto your programme. If you are a new student, you should see the New Students Website for Enrolment information instead.
You will be sent an email to let you know when re-enrolment is available to you. Re-enrolment is an online task that you should complete in MySIS by the given deadline. When the task is available to you, login to MySIS and choose the ‘My Enrolment’ tab along the top menu bar to access re-enrolment.
If you are invited to complete re-enrolment and have access to the MySIS task, that means that you are required to re-enrol.
We recommend you re-enrol as soon as you can to ensure that any student loans or grants are processed in good time. If you need a replacement student ID card, you will need to re-enrol before you can get one.
Deadlines for Re-Enrolment
- For students continuing into 2022/23 or returning from interruption in September 2022: Re-enrolment opens from Monday 22nd August 2022 but you will receive an email to inform you when you are able to re-enrol. All students required to re-enrol should do so, including postgraduates that started in January 2022 (you are required to re-enrol into the 2022/23 academic year). The re-enrolment deadline is Sunday 9th October 2022.
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught Students - Deadline Extensions: If you are unable to meet the re-enrolment deadline of 9th October, you may request an extension so that you have a bit of extra time to resolve any issues you are facing that is impeding your ability to re-enrol. You should submit your request to the Student Enquiry Centre (SEC) and include the reason(s) why you require an extension. If emailing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Re-Enrolment Deadline Extension Request’. If visiting in person, SEC are located on the ground floor of iQ Scape East, (formerly the Scape East building), Mile End campus. Please be patient whilst the team considers your request – they will respond to you as soon as possible.
- Postgraduate Research Students: If you are experiencing issues with your re-enrolment, please contact the Research Degrees Office for support via email@example.com or visit them in 213 Graduate Centre, Mile End Campus (building 18 on the map).
- For students returning from interruption in January 2023: You will be emailed when the re-enrolment task is available to you. All students required to re-enrol should do so. The re-enrolment deadline is Sunday 5th February 2023.
Reasons why the task may not be available to you:
- If you are being investigated for an assessment offence, you may not be able to re-enrol until the Appeals, Complaints and Conduct Office have completed their investigation. If you have any queries about your re-enrolment, please contact your Student Support Officer.
- If you have or had late summer assessments, you may not be able to re-enrol until results have been received and your eligibility to progress to the next academic year has been confirmed. If you have any queries about your progression, please contact your Student Support Officer.
Completing re-enrolment means:
- If you have applied for Student Finance, we will confirm your attendance and any maintenance loan will be released to you
- Your Student Status Letter will be updated for the new academic year
- You will be able to apply for/receive QMUL Bursaries and Scholarships
- You will be eligible for discounted travel
- You will be able to obtain a replacement student ID card, if needed
- International students: If your passport/visa details are incorrect or have expired you should still complete the re-enrolment task - you do not need to update these details before re-enrolling. You should email firstname.lastname@example.org with clear copies of your new documents as soon as possible and the team will update your details (British and Irish Citizens or those on Distance Learning programmes do not need to provide updated passport/visa details and should continue with their re-enrolment)
- If you need to contact the Student Enquiry Centre about your re-enrolment (non-fee related), please ensure you submit your enquiry under 'Re-Enrolment' rather than 'Enrolment' (or include 'Re-Enrolment' in your email subject line) so that we can allocate your enquiry accordingly
- If you have any questions about your fee payment, please direct them to the Fees Office (Ground Floor, iQ East Court (formerly Scape East) / email@example.com)
Re-enrolment is an essential requirement for your programme and failure to re-enrol by the deadline will result in your registration at the university being terminated and you will no longer be a student of Queen Mary.