Queen Mary University of London Expeditions Fund 2022/23
Travel for me is a dream fulfilled...each trip broadens my perspective on our planet and deepens my understanding of the many different ways in which we inhabit it
The QMUL Expeditions Fund offers financial assistance to continuing undergraduate and postgraduate students for expeditions they may wish to undertake during the summer vacation.
- An expedition can be any kind of purposeful travel or outdoor pursuit, as an individual or in a group, in the UK or abroad.
- It can be connected to your academic or personal interests but should not be a compulsory part of your course such as a Medical or Dental Elective.
- Expeditions Fund awards are intended as a contribution to your trip so your application will be more likely to be successful if you have a budget in place.
Start planning now - how can travel in the summer help you get the most out of your degree? Do you have a yet un-attained travel goal? Is there an archive in a UK or international city that will help with your dissertation research? Or a rural location suitable for fieldwork? The Fund is now open and you can apply via MySIS until the closing date of Friday 28th April 2023.
How do I apply?
- Log in to your MySIS portal and go to the Scholarships and Bursaries page (click + if not visible)
- Click on ‘Apply for Scholarship or Bursary’
- Select ‘Expeditions Fund’ from the funding type dropdown and complete the online application screens
- Make sure you click the ‘Submit’ button on the final screen
Have a look at some of the reports below that we have had from students in previous years for ideas and make sure you submit your own application by the closing date.
- Africa 22 [PDF 380KB]
- Bangladesh 22 [PDF 1,109KB]
- Belgium 22 [PDF 412KB]
- China 1 [PDF 257KB]
- Egypt 22 [PDF 2,749KB]
- Italy_1_22 [PDF 266KB]
- Italy_2_22 [PDF 3,431KB]
- Korea 22 [PDF 6,358KB]
- Norway [PDF 240KB]
- Turkey 22 [PDF 5,294KB]
- UK_Cornwall 22 [PDF 10,525KB]
- UK_Scotland 22 [PDF 382KB]
- UK_Wales 22 [PDF 59KB]
- Vietnam 22 [PDF 784KB]