The UK Government requires the University to undertake the following responsibilities as a Student (formerly Tier 4 Student) Sponsor
- Keep up-to-date copies of the passport and visa/Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) of all students with Student immigration permission.
- Ensure that we have up-to-date contact details for students who have Student immigration permission.
- Inform the UK Government of any students who fail to begin their programme of study.
- Inform the UK Government of any students who interrupt or withdraw from their programme or who will be studying 'out of attendance'.
- Issue Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) only for students who are eligible and able to study in the UK Student immigration rules.
- Monitor the attendance and engagement of students who have Student immigration permission. The University's Immigration Compliance Team will check attendance throughout the year. If we do not have evidence that a student is regularly attending and engaging with their studies, the university will give a written warning. If a students' attendance and engagement doesn't improve satisfactorily following a warning, we will de-register the student and infrom the UK Government.
- Inform the UK Government about any significant changes to a student's circumstances or programme of studies (e.g. if a student completes the programme early).
We conduct regular audits of immigration and identity records for all students. You may receive an email from the University's Immigration Compliance Team asking you to provide evidence that you hold immigration permission with conditions that do not restrict you from undertaking your programme of study in the country or territory where you are studying or evidence that you are exempt from immigration control in the country or territory where you are studying. If you do not provide these documents when we request them, your registration and enrolment will be terminated and you will cease to be a student.