Skip to main content

Academic Registry and Council Secretariat

CLES Bursary 2023/24

Queen Mary University of London has a long standing tradition of supporting students who have been assessed by Student Finance as a Care Leaver or Estranged. We are pleased to offer the QMUL CLES Bursary of £1500 to support students with their costs over the summer vacation. 

Am I eligible? 

You are eligible for the CLES Bursary if you are:

  • Assessed by Student Finance as being Independent as a results of being a Care Leaver or Estranged
  • Eligible for maintenance funding, and have been means tested by Student Finance
  • Enrolled for the 2023/24 academic year and continuing on the same course of study in the 2024/25 academic year
  • Under 25 on 1st September 2023

How do I apply?

If you have been assessed as a Care Leaver or Estranged student by Student Finance you will be emailed during the second semester by the Bursaries Office at QMUL to confirm your award and this will be paid directly into the account you have with Student Finance. If you believe you qualify for this award and have not received and email from us then please contact us.

When to apply?

If you have not been assessed as a Care Leaver or Estranged for the 2023/24 academic year but are living independently and need financial support for the summer vacation you can apply Financial Assistance Fund for an exceptional award.  

Please ensure that you have submitted your application to us by the closing date of 12th July 2024


Return to top