Skip to main content

Academic Registry and Council Secretariat

Visa refusal from within UK - What do I do if my Tier 4 application is refused?

If your immigration or visa application has been refused, please tell us! You must send a copy of your refusal notice to

You should seek advice immediately as there are strict deadlines for submitting an appeal or a new application. You can read more about this in the guidance published by the QMUL Advice and Counselling Service.

Requesting a new CAS

If your immigration application has been refused, you can apply for a new CAS to allow you to make a further application. When you request your new CAS, you will need to include evidence that shows you have remedied whatever caused your application to be refused. If your immigration permission has now expired, you will also need to show evidence that you have left the UK (e.g. your boarding pass). Click here for more information about requesting a CAS.

Return to top