Skip to main content

Academic Registry and Council Secretariat

Forms and Guidance Notes

These forms should be read in conjunction with the QMUL Academic Regulations 2023/24 and the PGR Code of Practice 2022-23 [PDF 402KB].


CoD/SAF Approver PDF stamp guideline [PDF 777KB] - PDF stamping guidelines.

SAF - Studentship Appointment Form [XLS 755KB] – use this form to appoint a studentship.

CoD - Change studentship details form [XLS 756KB] use this form to record any change of circumstances. 


PGR Students Bank Details Form - Funded research degrees students are required to provide their bank details for the disbursement of stipend. Please follow the instruction below to complete the bank details form. This is the same form to be used for subsequent changes of bank details.

If you do not have access to the bank details task on MySIS, please contact the Research Degrees Officer for your school.

  1. First, login to your MySIS account and complete the online form with your UK bank details.
  2. Once logged in to MySIS, please click on the top tab ‘My Finances’, then navigate to the ‘Bank Account Details’ section. This is an encrypted system; only you and the Finance Accounts Payable team will have access to this information. 
  3. It is important to emphasise that it is a quicker process if a student arrives in the UK, opens a bank account, and then gets the payment disbursed directly into their UK bank account. Guidance on how to open a UK bank account is available on the Banking in the UK webpage.

If you require a letter to open an UK bank account, you must be fully enrolled and have a UK address. Please contact the Research Degrees Office.


Change of status and circumstances

PGR Interruption of Studies Form [XLS 133KB] – use this form if you wish to interrupt your studies.

Thesis Completion Timetable [DOC 68KB] - use this form when transferring to writing-up. Transfer to writing-up status must be applied for via the MySIS task. If you have any queries please contact your School's PGR administrator in the first instance.

PGR Extension of Thesis Submission Form [XLS 133KB]use this form if you wish to extend your thesis submission date. 

PGR Change of Programme Form [XLS 112KB] – Change of programme (including calculator of new dates for Full-time and  Part-time).

PGR Withdrawal Form [DOC 63KB]- use this form if you want to withdraw from the College.


Examiner nomination for MD(Res) and PhD/MPhil is accessed via MySIS (including nomination of additional/alternative examiners).

Updated PGR Exam Guidance Notes August 2023 [DOC 67KB]

If an examination entry was made before August 2021 and an Outcome Form is needed please contact

PGR Presentation of Thesis Notes Apr 23 [PDF 122KB] - please read it carefully, before submitting your thesis.

PGR Thesis Submission Form (RD02) [DOC 39KB] - to be completed and handed in at the time of thesis submission. This needs to be signed by student AND supervisor.

PGR Examination Re-Entry Form (RD04) [DOC 30KB] - for use by the candidate to re-enter their thesis after a referral.

PGR Re-entry Outcome Form (RD05) [DOC 39KB] - for use when re-entering for the examination after a referral.

Please note that during the COVID-19 situation the Research Degrees Office requires online submission only to be sent to


For examiners use only:

Personal Details Form (to be used by HR to process fees for undertaking a research degrees examination).

Please note: QMUL members of staff acting as internal examiners need to supply their QMUL payroll number to

Expense Claim Form [XLS 157KB] (to be used by Finance to process expenses incurred whilst undertaking a research degrees examination - external examiners only).

Return to top