Taught Programmes Board takes an overview of the academic standards of programmes and modules operating at Queen Mary and its associated Collaborative Partners. The Board has a specific remit for the consideration of new programmes of study and associated modules; collaborative programmes/modules (including articulation agreements); programmes/modules involving work-based learning; and programmes/modules involving distance learning.
Members of Taught Programmes Board have been drawn from across Queen Mary, and include specialist expertise from a range of Professional Departments and Academic Schools/Institutes, as well as membership of the President, or nominee, of the Students’ Union.
Meeting dates 2022/23
During 2022/23, Taught Programmes Board will meet on the following dates:
|Wednesday 14th September 2022 (2-4pm)||Agenda [PDF 46KB]||Papers [PDF 3,715KB]||Minutes|
|Wednesday 19th October 2022 (2-4pm)||Agenda||Papers||Minutes|
|Wednesday 30th November 2022 (2-4pm)||Agenda||Papers||Minutes|
|Wednesday 18th January 2023 (2-4pm)||Agenda||Papers||Minutes|
|Wednesday 15th February 2023 (2-4pm)||Agenda||Papers||Minutes|
|Wednesday 22nd March 2023 (2-4pm)||Agenda||Papers||Minutes|
|Wednesday 26th April 2023 (2-4pm)||Agenda||Papers||Minutes|
|Wednesday 31st May 2023 (2-4pm)||Agenda||Papers||Minutes|
|Wednesday 12th July 2023 (2-4pm)||Agenda||Papers||Minutes|
|Wednesday 9th August 2023 (2-4pm)||Agenda||Papers||Minutes|
Meetings will be held as hybrid meetings in the Robert Tong room and via MS Teams unless otherwise notified.
Papers for Taught Programmes Board must be submitted to the Academic Secretariat at least twenty working days prior to meetings by the following dates:
- 16th August 2022 (for the 14th September 2022 meeting)
- 21st September 2022 (for the 19th October 2022 meeting)
- 2nd November 2022 (for the 30th November 2022 meeting)
- 12th December 2022 (for the 18th January and 15th February 2023 meetings)
- 22nd February 2023 (for the 22nd March 2023 meeting)
- 27th March 2023 (for the 26th April 2023 meeting)
- 2nd May 2023 (for the 31st May 2023 meeting)
- 14th June 2023 (for the 12th July 2023 meeting)
- 12th July 2023 (for the 9th August 2023 meeting)
- Terms of Reference 2021-22 [PDF 67KB]
- Summary of Module Approval Process [PDF 356KB]
- Summary of Module Amendment Process [PDF 357KB]
Guidance and contacts
Governance and Legal Services (DGLS) supports Schools / Institutes in the development of programmes and modules and coordinates the work of Taught Programmes Board. For advice on taught programme development, including preparing and submitting proposals to TPB, then please contact:
- Ashley Palmer (Faculty of Science and Engineering, and Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry UG programmes)
- Alison Dawn (Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Alice de Havillan (Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry PGT programmes)
For queries concerning all other programmes, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registry Services are also able to support Schools/Institutes with any specific queries relating to new programmes or modules, or amendments and withdrawals within the Academic Model structure of the SIS. Queries of this nature should be addressed to the Academic Model Team via the mySIS helpdesk.
Agendas, papers and minutes prior to 2022/23 can be found in the archive.