As part of Queen Mary's quality assurance and enhancement processes, feedback is sought from students by a variety of means. Internal mechanisms include:
- informal staff/student discussions
- focus groups
- Student-Staff Liaison Committees (SSLCs)
- Student Module Evaluation
Nationally Queen Mary University of London participates in surveys including the National Student Survey, the Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey, and the Postgraduate Research Experience Survey.
Student-Staff Liaison Committees (SSLCs)
The purpose of Student-Staff Liaison Committees is to ensure that there is an effective channel for formal communication between students and staff in each school or institute, through which students can reflect and give feedback on their programme of study as an integral part of Queen Mary's systems and procedures for assuring academic standards and enhancing the student experience. The minutes of individual school and institute meetings are uploaded to the SSLC webpage.
Guidance and Templates
Guidance documents and templates are listed below:
- SSLC Guidance - Education Manual 2021/22 [PDF 246KB]
- SSLC Roles and Responsibilities Summary [PDF 440KB]
- SSLC Agenda Template 2022/23 (UG and PGT) [DOC 40KB]
- SSLC Minutes Template 2022/23 (UG and PGT) [DOC 51KB]
- SSLC Annual Report Template 2022/23 (UG and PGT) [DOC 40KB]
- QMSU course representative pages
A number of schools have resources for their SSLCs on their intranet and QMplus pages.
SSLC minutes are submitted to the Directorate of Governance and Legal Services (DGLS) and Students' Union so that their overall functioning can be monitored, examples of good practice identified and areas of concern identified.